The information in this installation instruction is intended for use only by skilled technicians who have the proper tools, equipment, and training to correctly and safely add equipment to your vehicle. These procedures should not be attempted by “do-it-yourselfers.
• Be careful not to damage the body paint finish.
• Body side moldings should only be installed if the ambient air temperature is 15°C (60°F) or above.
• To allow the adhesive to cure, do not wash the vehicle for 24 hours. Please advise the customer.
• These installation instructions show the left body side moldings being installed. The same procedure applies to installing the right body side moldings.
1. Using one alcohol swab, clean the area where the left body side molding will attach.
2. Align the front template to the left front door and attach the template to the door using strips of masking tape.
3. Place the left front body side molding against the template to verify the installation position on the left front door. Remove the body side molding.
4. Peel back approximately 1½ to 2 inches of adhesive backing from each adhesive tape, and tape the ends to the front surface of the body side molding. Remove the small end pieces of the adhesive backing.
5. Align the left front body side molding with the front template, and attach it to the left front door. If the vehicle has door edge film installed, align the end with the door edge film.